Custom Concrete Grooving
Our grooving provides a stable surface with good traction to avoid injury from slipping,
without causing claw wear. Livestock handling is more difficult with slippery floors.
Cows do not want to move if they don’t feel confident in their footing.
The main reason for proper grooving is to keep cows from falling and slipping.
Without a good footing this may cause other problems
Risks of poor flooring surface
• When a cows slips and falls it causes leg injuries, that reduces recovery and causes the cow to leave the herd
• Slippery floors cause hoof lesions due to trauma from uncontrolled movement
• Falling risk is higher
• Damage to claw causing lesions
• Broken Legs
• Abnormal wear to claws
• Torn muscles /tendons /ligaments
• REPRO Cows are less likely to show heats without good footing
• Livestock handling is more difficult with slippery floors
• Cows do not want to move if they don’t feel confident in their footing
Quadra Step is available for new construction or resurfacing existing floors